Stress Less With Essential Oils
Who isn’t stressed these days? It seems that stress, in one form or another, is something we all have to deal with at one time or another. As moms, we strive to achieve the American dream. We are taught to get a good education, find a great job, have a family, and balance it all perfectly at the end of the day. With all of these expectations, the reality is, that we are overworked, run down, and flat-out stressed.
Unfortunately, your body cannot distinguish one type of stress from another. Whether you get a flat tire on the highway, run 5 miles, or lose your job, stress is stress. It is impossible to alleviate stress altogether, however, it is possible to make changes that can reduce stress in your daily life.
When you can reduce the stress in your body, you can help support your body’s natural functions, and have better overall health and wellness.
There are many ways we can manage stress more effectively:
- Determine what is causing your stress. Is it a situation, a job, a person or just being overwhelmed?
- Simplify your life and place the most important things as a top priority (such as your fitness, children and healthy meals)
- Decide what your personal boundaries are with people, invitations, obligations, etc.
- Remove things that are no longer helping you grow or achieve your goals. For example (smoking, people that do not support your goals, foods that are making you unhealthy)
- Improve sleep habits (aim to get 7-8 hours per night)
- Improve dietary habits (choose healthier options and do not purchase foods that will derail you) and exercise daily.
- Eliminate foods, unnecessary medications, excess sugar and alcohol from your diet.
- Use certified pure therapeutic grade essential oils and blends to help balance and calm your emotions, stabilize sugar, metabolism and help with focus.
Many people have heard of essential oils, but are not quite sure what they are or what they do. Essential oils are volatile, aromatic compounds that are found and extracted naturally from plants. They are nature’s defense mechanisms for plants and cells. Essential oils have been used throughout history for their therapeutic and medicinal benefits.
Essential oils can be used aromatically, topically and internally. Aromatic use of essential oils (whether diffused or inhaled) can help affect your mood, purify the air and ease breathing. Topical use can service every cell in your body and can be applied to troubled areas for immediate relief. Internal use can nourish the entire body and support your immune system.
Whether you choose to use essential oils aromatically, topically or internally, they can have life-changing benefits to your overall health and wellness. Be sure to always use Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade oils to ensure the safety and efficacy of your products.
Here are my Top 10 Picks for Essential Oils for Stress:
- Wild Orange – Diffuse to help uplift mood and energy levels. Also great as a powerful cleaner and purifier
- Lavender – Diffuse or apply topically to reduce stress and anxiety. Also great for skin inflammation and many other uses.
- Sandalwood – Diffuse or apply topically to calm emotions and relax the mind and body.
- Frankincense – considered the king of essential oils. Diffuse or apply topically to help with emotional balance, trauma or depression.
- Spearmint – reduces stress and nervous issues. Also helps with emotional balance.
- Roman Chamomile – used widely for calming properties and soothes the systems of the body
- Vetiver – helps with calming and relaxation
- Bergamot – reduces stress.
- Ylang Ylang – reduces anxiety, frustration, stress and fear
- Neroli – reduces stress and menopausal symptoms for women, decreases blood pressure and cortisol levels, lowers pain and inflammation
Below are some great diffuser blends for stress. You can also make these same diffuser blends into a roller bottle blend and apply topically with fractionated coconut oil.
4 drops lavender, 4 drops spearmint
4 drops lavender, 4 drops wild orange
4 drops lavender, 2 drops vetiver
2 drops sandalwood, 2 drops ylang ylang, 2 drops lavender, 2 drops wild orange
4 drops frankincense, 4 drops bergamot