There are many ways to reduce stress and anxiety without medication. Often people will resort to medications without trying to use a natural approach first.
Here are some helpful ways to manage your stress without the use of medications:
- Exercise. This is the best way to manage stress. Exercise releases those feel-good hormones and has been proven to reduce stressful feelings and improve your overall health.
- Reduce caffeine. This is a tough one, however, research has shown that caffeine may cause or worsen anxiety issues. It can cause nervousness and jitters. Switch to herbal tea instead.
- Get enough sleep. Lack of sleep can cause anxiety. Aim to get 7-8 hours of sleep per night.
- Eat a whole foods, plant–based diet. Eating too little, eating processed foods, and even dehydration can affect moods and worsen anxiety. Focus on incorporating whole plant foods for optimal health.
- Meditate or take up yoga. Both types of practices focus on deep breathing, which can help restore natural breathing patterns during periods of panic.
- Use essential oils. Essential oils can help modulate mood, help you relax and create a calming environment.