Essential oils smell great, but can they actually do anything?
The answer is YES! Essential oils are the plant’s defense system and just as they help protect the plant against environmental threats, they can actually do the same for our bodies. Essential oils can penetrate the cell membrane and eradicate threats within the cell. They are super supportive to our immune systems, especially during times of the year when seasonal threats are high.
Here are some of my top tips for improving natural immunity with the help of essential oils:
- Nutrition is most important. Your gut health is very much connected to your immune health. Probiotics can support a healthy gut flora. I recommend adding in a high quality probiotic to your daily diet. DoTERRA’s PB Assist is an excellent choice.
- Detoxification is another important step in improving immune function. The best way to detox is through sweating (exercise and sauna), dry skin brushing (see technique on YouTube) and essential oils, specifically Lemon and Zendocrine. Add 2-3 drops of lemon or Zendocrine to a dry skin brush and brush as usual. Both of these oils will assist in lymphatic cleansing for your body.
- Add 2-4 drops of citrus oil to your water or tea daily for natural liver and kidney detox and for the immune-boosting limonene benefit. My top choices are Grapefruit and Lemon.
- Diffuse essential oils on a regular basis to purify the air and to reduce stress. For purifying the air, diffuse OnGuard or Purify. To reduce stress and anxiety, diffuse Adaptiv or Balance.
- Keep surfaces in your home disinfected and clean with a natural all-purpose cleaner.
All PurposeCleaner Recipe
16oz spray bottle
1 cup vinegar
1 cup water
15 drops Lemon
15 drops OnGuard
Make your own hand sanitizer. It is important to include rubbing alcohol to ensure all of the viruses are deactivated.
30 ml bottle or 1 oz spray bottle
20 drops OnGuard
½ tsp carrier oil.
Add ingredients and shake well before use.
Here are the oils I recommend to have on hand for natural immune support:
Melaleuca (tea tree oil)
Cold and Flu Bomb Recipes
Add 3 drops OnGuard and Oregano to a veggie capsule and take every 3-4 hours as needed.
Flu Bomb Roller
Combine all ingredients in a 10 ml roller bottle and top with a carrier oil. Apply to bottoms of feet or spine every few hours as needed.
10 drops OnGuard
10 drops Lemon
10 drops Melaleuca or Tea Tree
5 drops Frankincense
5 drops Oregano
5 drops Copaiba
In a steaming bowl of hot water, add 2 drops Oregano + 1 drop OnGuard + 1 drop Breathe. Make a tent with a towel and inhale for 15 minutes.
Cold or Flu: 6 drops OnGuard + 4 drops Breathe
Stress/Anxiety: 8 drops Adaptiv
Immune Boost: 4 drops OnGuard + 4 Frankincense
Allergies: 6 drops Breathe + 4 drops Lemon
Immune Booster Roller Blend
In a 10 ml roller bottle, combine oils and top with a carrier oil. Apply to bottoms of feet twice per day.
10 drops Frankincense
20 drops OnGuard
If you already have a doTERRA wholesale membership, you have access to a 25% discount on all of your purchases. Check out our amazing Loyalty Rewards Program to receive up to 30% back on your purchases and free shipping credit!
If you are not a doTERRA wholesale customer, I would love to help you! As a member of my oil community, you will receive free support and education on your oil journey. Send me a message email@example.com to get started or visit my essential oils website at www.mydoterra.com/amandamancini.
We have kits and collections to meet every budget.**Important note: Do not order your doTERRA oils from 3rd party sellers (such as Amazon). Your oils will NOT be guaranteed by doTERRA as authentic oils unless they are shipped directly from doTERRA’s warehouse. You will receive the LOWEST price as a wholesale customer and have access to all the benefits, support and education from your wholesale membership.