A healthy lifestyle is something we all strive to achieve. It is understood that if we eat a healthy diet, exercise regularly and get enough sleep, we should be full of energy and vitality, and free of illness and disease.
Unfortunately, in some cases, despite our efforts, we may be afflicted with certain conditions that can affect the quality of our lives in many ways. Using traditional medications and therapies can cause side effects and lead to other problems. Many people would rather use a natural approach, such as following a healthy diet and using natural remedies to improve their health and wellness.
A very effective natural option is the use of essential oils. Essential oils are rapidly growing in popularity. So what are essential oils and how can they makeover your health?
Essential oils are basically extracts from plants. They are found in the seeds, bark, stems, roots, flowers and the other parts of plants. They protect the plants from environmental threats and provide tremendous healing properties. Essential oils have been used for over 5000 years to heal a variety of health conditions. They are also used for beauty and personal care, relaxation, and natural medicine.
They help the body do what it is supposed to do, such as fight cold and flu symptoms, relax the body, relieve muscle and nerve pain, heal skin conditions, balance hormones, improve digestion, reduce wrinkles and cellulite, and clean your home in a non-toxic way.
Essential oils are also used in medical hospitals and other facilities.
Aromatherapy has a variety of health benefits and is used as a non-invasive way to treat a variety of medical conditions and combined with many other therapies. They are used for women in labor to help reduce fear and anxiety during childbirth. They also have antibacterial and antifungal benefits to heal skin conditions and even to help fight cancer.
So how do they work? Essential oils can fight against threats outside of our cells. Because of their molecular structure, they can penetrate our cell membranes to fight against threats inside of our cells.
Antibiotics, however, cannot penetrate cells. Modern medicine only treats symptoms, but since they are synthetic, it can also cause side effects.
Each oil treats multiple, often unrelated ailments. Essential oils typically have hundreds of different compounds. Lavender, for example, has more than 200 compounds. Essential oils are a safer and cheaper alternative and they do not expire. They cost only pennies per drop.
There are 3 ways you can use the oils:
- Aromatically – which means you can inhale directly from the bottle, rub a drop in the palm of your hands and inhale, or use a diffuser. Diffusing essential oils clean and disinfect the air. In addition, what you breathe also affects your mood, soothes respiratory issues and supports breathing.
- Topically- topical use can be a very powerful way to use essential oils. One drop of essential oil can service every cell in your body. Apply to troubled areas or pulse points, spine and bottoms of the feet. Apply generally 1-4 drops to the affected area. Remember what is on you is in you. One drop of essential oil works fast and enters the bloodstream in under 30 seconds. Essential oils can penetrate every cell of the body in under 30 minutes.
- Internally – nourishes the whole body and to support your immune system and can also be used for detoxification.
So this brings us to why do we want to makeover our health with essential oils? The toxins that we are exposed to in our personal care products and in medications and prescriptions cause many health issues for us. It is up to us to educate ourselves and make healthier choices for our families.
Here are my top 10 picks for the best essential oils to makeover the health of you and your family:
- Lemon oil – amazing for homemade cleaning products, cleanses the body, promotes healthy respiratory function, soothes a sore throat, uplifts mood and alertness, flavor booster.
- Melaleuca – natural antibacterial, antifungal, heals skin infections, reduces bad odors, boosts the immune system, and chemical free cleaning.
- Peppermint – supports digestion, improves focus, boosts energy, reduces fever, relieves headaches and muscle pain, freshens breath, cools a sunburn or heat exhaustion, great for cooking, aromatherapy.
- Lavender – helps with relaxation, anxiety and sleep issues. Improves mood, heals skin for cuts and burns, diaper rash, sore gums, used in many personal care products.
- Oregano – powerful anti-microbial properties. Can kill fungus and help get rid of a cold, wart removal, supports immune system, respiratory support, germ killer, warm hands and feet, heals digestive issues.
- Frankincense – builds immunity, reduces inflammation, muscle soreness, heals age spots, everything skin, supports brain, may help fight cancer, repairs cellular function, relieve anxiousness, calms and soothes.
- Clove – antibacterial, antiparasitic and antioxidant protection. Nature’s most powerful antioxidant. Clove essential oil antioxidant strength measured on the ORAC scale is 1,078,000, carrots have 200 and blueberries have 2500.
- Eucalyptus – improves respiratory issues such as bronchitis, sinusitis and allergies. Invigorating, and purifies the body.
- Cypress – improves circulation, helps heal bones, reduces varicose veins.
- Ginger – reduces inflammation, supports joints, improves digestion and relieves nausea
- Visit my website to get your own wholesale account and receive 25% off your essential oils. Contact me with any questions or for help with getting started at Amandapurefit@gmail.com.