Women face many health challenges caused by changes they experience throughout their reproductive years and beyond. Hormones, the skeletal system and even brain function are affected. These changes often cause issues with weight gain, fatigue, emotions, and digestive problems. At each stage of life, women must find ways to handle their changing bodies and stay physically and emotionally balanced.
A woman’s reproductive system is closely connected to her endocrine system. Therefore, hormones are most important in affecting a woman’s fertility, and emotional and physical health.
Due to the inevitable hormonal changes, women will experience symptoms such as, mood swings, bloating, headaches and low energy levels. These experiences can significantly interfere with daily activities and enjoyment of life. Even as the reproductive years come to an end, women will experience symptoms of menopause, including hot flashes, vaginal dryness, weight gain, migraines, and anxious feelings.
How can women cope with these health challenges using a natural approach? First, it is important that women pay close attention to their nutrition and hydration. A healthy diet will help women avoid many chronic health issues as they age. In addition, staying hydrated with pure, plain, filtered water will keep the digestive system and other systems functioning properly.
Lastly, essential oils can be a great help for women’s struggles. Essential oils have been used for women’s health long before there were doctors and prescription medications. Essential oils can be very helpful in relieving symptoms in a safe and natural way. Below are my top picks for essential oils that should be in every woman’s home:
- Lavender oil – support for reducing stress, sleep, anxiety and emotional balance. Lavender can be used for skin repair and beauty. Apply a few drops over your heart to reduce stress. Add a few drops to a diffuser before bed for relaxation.
- Clary Sage oil – helps with hot flashes, mood swings, depression, PMS and menopause symptoms. Rub a 3 drops Clary Sage and 2 drops peppermint oil to the back of your neck and chest when you feel a hot flash coming on. To prevent skin sensitivity, apply oils with a small amount of a carrier oil (such as coconut oil). To balance emotions, add 4 drops Clary Sage and 4 drops lavender in a diffuser.
- Peppermint oil – improves mental alertness and energy. Helps to reduce headaches, hot flashes, menstrual cramps and bloating. Apply 2 drops to your hands and inhale deeply for 30 seconds. Then rub the back of your neck couple and temples for an instant energy boost or headache relief. To improve mood and focus, add a 3 drops peppermint and 3 drops wild orange in a diffuser.
- Geranium oil – helps balance hormones and regenerative to skin. Add a few drops to your body lotion to relieve dry skin. Apply 2 drops to bottoms of each foot to balance emotions. Add a drop to your natural deodorant before applying to prevent body odor..
- Slim and Sassy oil – for weight loss, slow metabolism, fatigue, cravings and blood sugar balance. Add 2 drops to water for internal use. Apply topically to bottoms of the feet for daily support. Inhale straight from the bottle for cravings.
- Frankincense oil – is an anti-aging oil. It is used as an anti- inflammatory,for emotional balance, and to boost the immune system. Add a few drops to your diffuser to help with depression. Use a drop in your face lotion each night for anti-aging benefit. Rub a drop or two on your abdomen for post-baby stretch marks. Use a drop on bottoms of your feet for a daily immune boost.
- Grapefruit oil – supports healthy progesterone levels and breast health. Add 2-3 drops to your water daily. For cellulite issues, add 2-3 drops to your body moisturizer and apply to the affected areas.
- Neroli oil – promotes healthy libido, reduces anxiety and depression. Apply to bottoms of feet or to pulse points throughout the day.
- Balance Blend– for emotional health, stress and anxiety. Apply to bottoms of feet and pulse points throughout the day.
- Clary Calm – for hormone balancing, heavy periods, PMS, pre and peri-menopause symptoms, low libido and hot flashes. Apply to abdomen and pulse points throughout the day. Many women also use this as a personal fragrance.
Essential oils must be 100% pure and rigorously, third-party tested for safety, potency and purity. DoTERRA essential oils have the highest testing standards on the market today and is the largest essential oil company worldwide. DoTERRA is proud to offer only Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade Oils (CPTG). A CPTG is guaranteed to be 100% pure essential oil, potent and completely free of toxins, fillers, chemicals and pesticides. It is only safe to order doTERRA oils directly from a doTERRA Wellness Advocate and not from third party sellers, as the company cannot guarantee the oil is true DoTERRA essential oil.
To contact me, or to purchase your oils and to obtain a wholesale discount of 25%, visit my website at www.PureFitWomen.fit.