- Runny nose – apply a couple of drops of lemon to the bridge of your nose. Be sure to dilute with a carrier oil to prevent skin irritation.
- Keep ants and spiders away. Bugs hate the smell of peppermint and other oils. Apply a few drops of peppermint and cedarwood to cotton balls and stuff into corners of cabinets or anywhere you think you may see them. You can also make a spray bottle with water and a few drops of either oil and spray areas where you see ants. They won’t return!
- Repel flies from coming into your home. Add a few drops each of rosemary, spearmint and lavender and run during the day when you will have the doors opening and closing often.
- Kill germs on bottoms of shoes and workout gear. Make a 16 oz spray bottle (use an empty windex bottle) of distilled water and add 15 drops Melaleuca and 15 drops Purify. Spray shoes and workout equipment upon entry to the home. I leave a pair of slip on shoes for my house shoes to keep the floors clean.
- Eliminate bad smells in the house (from cooking or in the bathroom). In your diffuser, add 4 drops lemon essential oil, 4 drops lavender and 3 drops wild orange for a beautiful aroma.
- Eliminate shoe odor. Add a few drops of lemon essential oil and melaleuca essential oil to cotton balls and stick inside of shoes overnight.
- Refresh your carpet. In a mason jar, fill ¾ of the way with baking soda, 10 drops melaleuca and 10 drops lavender. Cover and shake well. Sprinkle on carpet. Let sit for 15 minutes and then vacuum.
- Reduce a fever. Add 1-2 drops peppermint to forehead, back of neck and bottoms of feet (dilute with carrier oil). Apply frequently, 15-30 minutes until fever goes down. You can also make a compress with lukewarm water and add a few drops of peppermint or eucalyptus and apply to body.
- For sparkling dishes, add a few drops of lemon essential oil to your soap dispenser.
- Room Spray – make a non-toxic room spray using an empty spray bottle. Use distilled water and in a 2 oz bottle, add 5 drops spearmint, 7 drops wild orange and, 7 drops eucalyptus. Shake well before use.
- Boost germ killing in laundry. Add 5 drops melaleuca or Purify to washer before starting the machine. To make clothes smell nice out of the dryer, add a few drops of wild orange or lavender to wool dryer balls and reapply every few loads.
- Sore foot remedy – After shower, apply a few drops of peppermint and Aromatouch to bottoms of feet along with a body lotion and massage entire foot.
- Hair detangler – Using an empty spray bottle, combine ½ cup conditioner, 1 cup of warm water (add a little extra if necessary), 4 drops lavender, 2 drops geranium. Shake well and spray dry or damp hair for easy combing.
- Car Diffuser – apply a few drops of peppermint and wild orange to a cotton ball and stuff into vents. This blend will keep you alert and focused.
- Dry Shampoo. Mix ½ cup arrowroot powder, 5 drops melaleuca and 5 drops lavender or rosemary. Apply to roots of hair and run fingers through scalp. Add a tablespoon of unsweetened cocoa powder for darker hair.
- Make your own facial toner. In a 2 oz spray bottle, add witch hazel and 5 drops melaleuca, and 5 drops juniper berry.
- Add a personalized scent to your unscented body lotion. Add a few drops any combination of oils for an aromatic and physical benefit.
Frankincense + Lavender (anti-aging)
Geranium + Grapefruit (moisture balance and toning)
Spearmint + Lemon (refreshing)
Peppermint + Marjoram (relieve muscle tension)
Serenity + Balance ( relaxing)
- DIY Face Serum for anti-aging. In an empty glass bottle (2oz), combine jojoba oil with a 15 drops frankincense, 15 drops myrrh, 10 sandalwood, 10 geranium.
- Make your own cuticle oil. In a roller bottle, combine fractionated coconut oil with 10 drops frankincense, 5 lemon, 10 myrrh and apply nail beds 2-3 x per week.
- Remove stickers or anything sticky. Apply a few drops lemon to area and rub off.
- Get rid of a sinus infection fast. Boil hot water and put in a bowl. Add 2 drops OnGuard, 2 drops melaleuca, 1 drop oregano, 1 drop lemon. Place a towel over head to create a tent and inhale for 5-10 minutes (no more than that).
- Reduce appetite. Add 2-3 drops Slim and Sassy blend to water or tea to help with cravings.
- Fill a microwave-safe bowl with water and four drops of lemon essential oil to clean your microwave.
- Soak a cotton ball in lemon essential oil and place it at the bottom of your trash bin to eliminate odor.
- Removing a Splinter. Apply 1-2 drops of OnGuard to the affected area and wait a minute or two and watch the splinter rise from the skin. Once the end of the splinter has risen from the skin, use the tweezers to remove the full splinter (works well for splinters that are not super deep in the skin).