It’s that time of year again when the cool weather will also bring out the sniffles and colds. And if you’re like me, you do not have time to feel under the weather, nor do you have time for tending to sick kids. So what can you do? Is it inevitable that when the seasons change, you are more likely to catch a bug?
The answer is actually NO! The best way to prevent catching a cold is by keeping your immune system strong.
The key ways to do this are:
- Getting enough sleep
- Eating lots of fruits and vegetables
- Drinking at least a gallon of water per day
- Thorough and frequent hand washing
- Using essential oils for immune protecting benefits
So how can you use essential oils to assist your immune system?
- Diffusing. Essential oils can actually CLEANSE the air and get rid of airborne pathogens. Add essential oils to the diffuser and run it for at least 30 minutes. If you don’t have access to a diffuser at work, you can make a room spray and spritz the air throughout the day to keep the air clean. This is best to do if you are in close quarters at work or in the classroom.
My Favorite Air Cleansing Diffuser Blends
4 drops OnGuard + 4 drops Peppermint
4 drops Lemon + 3 drops Eucalyptus + 2 drops Lavender
3 drops Clove + 4 drops Wild Orange + 2 drops Cinnamon
3 drops Rosemary + 3 drops Lemongrass + 3 Eucalyptus
4 drops Lemon + 3 drops OnGuard + 3 drops Breathe
4 drops Breathe + 3 drops Lemon Eucalyptus + 2 drops Lavender
4 drops Purify + 3 drops Lemon
Get into the habit of running your diffuser twice a day. Diffuse when the kids get home from school or you return from outdoors. Diffuse before bed as well or first thing in the morning.
For teachers or stressed out parents: Diffuse 4 drops each of OnGuard and Serenity to both protect your immune system and help with stress.
To make an air cleansing room spray, use a 4 oz spray bottle:
Combine 30 drops OnGuard, 15 drops Wild Orange and top off with filtered or distilled water.
- Use roller blends to help with stress and immune support. Roll these combos along the spine of your child or on the bottoms of the feet. Adults can do this too. I roll the bottoms of my feet twice daily upon the change of seasons for a few weeks. Keep your rollers by your bed or where you will remember to use them.
Immune Boosting Roller Blend
10 ml roller
20 drops OnGuard
10 drops Frankincense
Top off with fractionated coconut oil
Under the Weather Roller Blend
10 ml roller
10 drops OnGuard
10 drops lemon
10 drops tea tree
5 drops Frankincense
5 drops oregano
Top off with fractionated coconut oil. Apply to spine or bottoms of feet every couple of hours.
***We have a hidden gem for boosting your immune system that you may not know about. This blend is called AROMATOUCH. It is a massage blend that contains oils for enhanced blood flow, detoxification and relaxation.
Our basic protocol of boosting immune health is applying 5-6 drops of each of the following oils (dilute with carrier oil) to the spine. Do this sequence on yourself and your children one to two times per week for immune support. Combine Frankincense, Tea Tree, Aromatouch and Peppermint in that order. Rub in gently and completely before applying the next one.
- Probiotics are a must. Probiotics will support intestinal health which is important for your immune system. DoTERRA’s PB Assist and PB Assist Jr. are excellent choices because they contain prebiotic fiber and are encapsulated. Many probiotics will not actually make it to your intestine and unfortunately a waste of money.
- Vitamin D during the colder months are helpful if you are not getting outside much.
Stress can impair your immune system. School and work can be stressful for teacher, parents and students. Here are some of my favorite essential oils to help with stress, sleep, and focus.
Stress and Anxiety
Jet lag and travel anxiety
Mood swings and stress
Anger, fear, grief, rage, trauma
Tranquility and mediation
Lack of tranquility
Addictive or obsessive compulsive behavior
Lack of motivation and mental fatigue
Lack of focus and concentration
Inability to stay on task
InTune (for focus and concentration)
Over and under active brain activity
Mental clarity, focus and concentration
Calming and grounding
Nervousness, anxiety and depression
Serenity (for sleep and insomnia)
Insomnia and sleep issues
Stress and anxiety
Tension and mood swings
Calm fears and nervousness
Anger, agitation and irritability
I hope you find these remedies helpful!
Are you ready to bring these natural solutions into your home? Click here!
If you are NOT a doTERRA wholesale customer, I would love to help you! We have kits and collections to meet every budget!
You will receive the LOWEST price as a wholesale customer with doTERRA and have access to all the benefits, support and education within my oil community.
**If you already have a doTERRA wholesale membership, REMEMBER you have access to a 25% discount on all of your purchases. Check out our amazing Loyalty Rewards Program
to receive up to 30% back on your purchases and free shipping credit!
Follow me on Facebook (Purefit Women
) and instagram (purefit_women) to stay up to date on my upcoming workshops!