Why should we care about our laundry products? It may surprise you to know that not all laundry detergents are safe for our skin or our health. The laundry detergent companies are not required to disclose the ingredients. The dangers in laundry detergent are real. When we wash our clothes with traditional products, you would think the chemicals are being rinsed away. However, this is not the case. Many of the chemicals are not washed away in the rinse cycle and that residue is left on our clothing. When we breathe in or sweat, the residue is absorbed into our body.
So here is a list of ways to swap out products that you may currently have in your home. You can replace the toxic products with natural options that are toxic free and create a healthier, safer environment for your family.
1, First, you must swap out your laundry detergent for something that is safer. OnGuard Natural Laundry Detergent is super concentrated. A little goes a long way and it is cheaper too. You will only need one tablespoon for a full load of laundry. It also has an entire 10 ml bottle of OnGuard in it. so all of those powerful cleansing properties contained in OnGuard, are in the laundry detergent. It will clean your clothes efficiently and thoroughly. It also contains natural enzymes that break up stains such as sweat, dirt, and food. You can also use this detergent for stains on carpets and cars.
2. Change out your fabric softener with white vinegar. Fabric softener is full of chemicals. Add a ¼ cup of white vinegar into the fabric softener section of your washer. It will make your clothes softer, cleaner and eliminate static.
3. Make your own homemade stain stick . In a 10 ml roller bottle, fill 3/4 of the way with Onguard detergent and top off with a little water. Great for on the go, traveling, in your bag etc.
4. Add essential oils to help with odor and heavily soiled clothing. Presoak and add dirty clothes to a bucket or large bowl. Let them soak in water with a few drops melaleuca and lemon. To freshen up laundry may have been left in washer too long, add a few drops of Purify or Lemon essential oil to freshen up.
5 .Make a bleach alternative. Use equal parts of hydrogen peroxide 3 percent and water. Add a 2 tablespoons of lemon juice or ½ tsp citric acid and 10 drops lemon essential oil. Use this alternative instead of bleach for whites. Store in a brown bottle for up to 3 months.
6. Swap out your fabric sprays for a DIY version. In a 4oz bottle, combine distilled water and 10 drops essential oil for sheets, clothes, etc. Use lavender, eucalyptus, lemon or any combination of oils you like.
7. Trade out your dryer sheets for wool dryer balls. Add a few drops of essential oil to the dryer balls. Calming oils such as lavender and Serenity are great. Wool dryer balls also cut down the drying time by up to 50 percent and prevent clothing from having wet spots.
If you would like to get started with using essential oils for cleaning and a natural lifestyle, visit my website at www.purefitwomen.fit
to purchase your oils.